Urban Forest Survey

Our team has conducted thorough site assessments and pinpointed several promising areas for Urban Forest Development. Your insights are crucial in ensuring we make the best decisions for our community's green spaces. The survey period is from July 5th to August 19th, 2024.

Mobile Vendors

Mobile Vendors on Town Land

The Town of Drumheller is currently accepting applications for Mobile Vendors to operate on Town land within pre-approved locations. Applications are valid until the end of the calendar year of issuance. 

Mobile Vendors can include any of the following:

  • Food trucks
  • Ice cream trucks
  • Carts/trailers
  • Kiosks/tables
  • Food, recreation and other services are welcome

Got another idea? Swing it by us and we will discuss!

Pre-Approved Locations

Pre-approved locations, in some of the Town's premier tourist destinations, include the following: 

A Mobile Vendor approved to operate in a Pre-Approved location will not be granted exclusive right to operate in that location. Instead, all approved Mobile Vendors will have the right to operate in that location on a first come, first-served basis. 

Applicants applying to Town-owned land not within this approved list are subject to approval at the Town's discretion. 

Applicants applying to operate on private-property will need to include approval from the property owner within their application.

In accordance with Bylaw 06.23, Mobile Vendors cannot be situated within ten (10) metres of a brick and mortar business selling similar goods or services. 

Who Can Apply?

  • Any resident
  • Any non-resident
  • Any youth, under the age of 18, with adult's permission

Mobile Vendor Fees

Type of Licence Fee Description
Annual Licence $365.00 An Annual Licence is valid from the time of purchase to the end of the calendar year
Event Licence $100.00 An Event Licence is a Licence that is will only be valid for a specific special event taking place within the Valley. 
Youth Licence (under 16yrs)  $50.00 A Youth Licence is valid from the time of purchase to the end of the calendar year and is only available to vendors under the age of 16 years. 


Applying for a Mobile Vendor Permit

Mobile Vendor Permits require the following information prior to approval:

  • AHS food handling permit (if applicable) 
  • Fire inspection (if applicable)
  • Information of type of business, photos of unit 
  • Insurance documentation naming the Town as additionally insured up to $2,000,000
  • Mobile vendor application form and fees
  • Photos of the unit

To apply to be a mobile vendor, download and complete our Mobile Vendor Application.


I Want To