The Town of Drumheller offers funding, assistance and support to reduce barriers and ensure that all residents are able to stay active and involved. This page has application forms and contact information for Home Help, Recreation Fee Assistance, the Arts and Culture Grant the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Grant, Wheatland County Counselling, and the Community Assistance Grant.
- Community Programs
- Emergency Services
- Taxes & Payments
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Town Services
- New Residents
Home Help - Outdoor Services Program
- Clients must be aged 55+
- Clients must reside in the Town of Drumheller and
- Clients must have a household income below $38,700 (couples) or $33,700 (singles)
Recreation Fee Assistance Program
The purpose of the Town of Drumheller’s Recreation Fee Assistance program is to improve the well-being and quality of life for its residents by offering access to the Arena, Aquaplex, and Badlands Community Facility (BCF) at a reduced rate.
The Recreation Fee Assistance program offers a subsidy of up to a maximum of 90% of the Recreation Membership fees and up to $200 credit towards programming for qualifying applicants.
Please review, fill out and submit our online application form.
Recreation Fee Assistance Application Form - Appendix A
- Letter of acceptance to financial supports – such as AISH or Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Two (2) recent pay stubs
- Income tax forms
- Notice of Assessment
- Direct deposit statements
- Approval of another benefit/program
- Other – Letter/Interview explaining current situation
*Residents of Grace House do not need to show proof of income; however, they do need to show proof of residency by providing a letter from Grace House. Residents of Grace House will be eligible to a maximum of 90% on a 3-month membership, and a prorated scholarship, depending on residency term. Residents who move will be able to reapply once their stay at Grace House has been completed, and depending on eligibility, may qualify for regular benefits.
If you do not have qualifying documentation, please complete the rest of the application. You will be phoned for an interview.
- A married or common law couple with or without dependants;
- Up to two cohabitating adults with or without dependants;
- A lone parent with dependants;
- Guardian(s) and the dependants in their care;
- Intergenerational families with or without dependants.
Arts and Culture Grant Application Form
The Town of Drumheller Arts & Culture Grant is an initiative from the Town to encourage Arts & Culture Initiatives across the community. This is a 50% matching grant up to $1000.00 per initiative. Through this grant, residents/organizers are eligible to access funding through the Town of Drumheller to assist with arts & culture related activities. Funding monies may be released prior to the date requested.
- Not for standard operating costs – but can be used to purchase specific equipment, incidental and consumable costs related to the activity. (e.g. equipment for people with special needs)
- Accessibility to others (must be open to the public and not require club membership – although the public could purchase tickets for the activity. Preference may be given to FREE events)
- Proof of costs – the proposal must include a detailed budget and be taking place at a future date.
- Priority will be given to new events, however all projects will be evaluated and awarded based upon merit.
- After the event, the applicant will provide a completed report and a budget showing use of all funds, together with photographic proof of the event. Failure to produce these documents could result in repayment of the grant being required.
- Event/project must be within the corporate limits of the Town of Drumheller.
Applications must be received by August 15th. 2022 and will be reviewed by the Town of Drumheller for distribution by December, 31, 2022. All applicants will be advised whether the proposed project will be approved. If there are funds not allocated, they will be disbursed before the end of the year.
Aapplicants may be required to apply for a Special Event Permit before the event/project.
Please review, fill out and submit our online application form.
2022 FCSS Grant Information
Each year, grants for funding are available for non-profit community organizations and social service groups that are involved in the delivery of preventive social services to residents in Drumheller. Organizations interested in receiving funding have the chance to apply each year and must meet provincial funding criteria.
Agencies applying for funding are required to complete an application form and may be asked to present to a funding committee. All funds must be used in the calendar year in which they were received.
How to apply:
Please review the Drumheller Valley FCSS Funding Application Instructions and Attachment 1: FCSS Provincial Measures Bank to complete the application form prior to completing your Funding Application. 2022 Deadline for applications: Friday, June 10, 2022
Wheatland County Counselling
The Town of Drumheller works with Wheatland County Counselling (WCC) to offer a subsidized community counselling program for eligible Drumheller residents. Wheatland County Counselling Inc. is a full service, private counselling practice serving the communities of Strathmore and Drumheller. Services are offered by a Registered Psychologist/Certified Play Therapist and a registered Provisional Psychologist
This program comes as a direct response to the need for affordable, accessible Counselling services in town; which was identified as a priority in the 2017 Community Social Needs Assessment.
About the program
Individuals, couples, and families can access up to 8 counselling sessions to address a wide variety of concerns such as:
- Grief and loss,
- Relationship issues, strengthening marriage
- Anger issues
- Emotional regulation
- Abuse (sexual, physical, spiritual, emotional, financial)
- Depression and anxiety
- Self esteem
- and more.
Eligibility for this service is based on a client’s residency in Drumheller and their household income.
How to access the community counselling program:
- APPLY: Complete this form and attach evidence of residency and household income
- REFERRAL: The Town will formally refer eligible clients to WCC and advise their level of subsidy (see thresholds below)
- INTAKE CALL: - WCC will contact the client directly to conduct an initial screening and schedule an appointment where appropriate.
- ATTEND & PAY: Be sure to attend your appointment on time. Clients will pay their portion of the fees directly to WCC on the day of their appointments*.
*Clients who reach two (2) missed or late cancelled appointments will have their eligibility for the program revoked.
Income thresholds (2022)
Full Benefits (90% discount)
Partial Benefit (50% discount)
Ineligible as income too high
Up to $35,000
Family (2+ people)
Up to $60,000