There will be temporary road closures due to the Canada Day Parade from 9:00am - 12:30pm on Friday, July 1, 2022.
The following has been outlined in the approval letter to the Canada Day Parade Committee
- • The following parade route road closures as per the above map:
- Riverside Drive East from 19 Street E to 4 Avenue East
- 5 Street East from 4 Avenue East to 3 Avenue East
- 3 Avenue East from 5 Street East to 1 Street West
- 1 Street West from 3 Avenue East to Railway Avenue West
- Railway Avenue West from 1 Street West to 6 Avenue East
- Traffic controller stationed at the intersection of 6 Avenue East and 5 Street as the parade finishes.
- Notification to Alberta Transportation for the road closure is provided prior to June 29, 2022.
- Adherence to the Town of Drumheller Community Standards Bylaw is to be observed at all times.
- Proper supervision and/or security must be provided on the site at all times
- Barricades are to be placed prior to the commencement of the event and to be removed immediately following the event.
- The road closure must conform to any Provincial, Federal and/or Municipal Regulations and/or guidelines that may apply.
- All areas used for the event are to be cleared and cleaned within a reasonable time period.
- A minimum public liability insurance policy of $2,000,000.00 and indemnify to hold harmless the Town of Drumheller for any claim related to the event (Copy of policy must be submitted to the Town prior to the event).
- Due to Covid - 19, Alberta Health Services and the Town of Drumheller have additional health and safety requirements.
- All requirements from Fire/RCMP/AHS are met.
The Town of Drumheller thanks the Canada Day Parade Committee for their efforts in providing a safe, fun and enjoyable parade for Drumheller residents and visitors. Happy Canada Day!